This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Pennies Into Pearls by using my links!
There is ALWAYS a way to save at Target. Doesn’t matter what department you are in, you can always save some moo-la!
Doesn’t that just make you completely have a Jerry Maguire type crush on Target… “You complete me!” or “You had me at hello!” That is exactly how I feel every time I walk into this blessed store!
With the holidays here and all the shopping you are going to be doing, it’s even more important to save. THOUGH, all of these tips will help max out your savings at Target ALL YEAR long!
Make sure you stick around and read this entire list, because I’m betting you haven’t heard about my very secret tip on how to save EXTRA money at Target!
8 Secret Strategies to Saving Big at Target
1. The first strategy you need to adopt is making sure that you are using every single NEW feature of the updated Cartwheel App. Did you even realize that there was more to it then just claiming discounts?
Very quickly, if you don’t know what Cartwheel is, it’s an app for Andriod and IOS that is produced by Target. In a nutshell, it’s a way to get extra discounts in-store at Target. Let me show you all the new ways to use this app to it’s full potential!
- First I need to be sure that everyone understands that the main function of this app is to allow users to choose limited time offers to save 5-50% off select products. This app can only be used in-store.
- NEW! Did you know that now you can see all mobile coupons available in one simple spot within the Cartwheel App!?! This just cut an entire step out of your savings routine!
Normally, you would have to text special words to Target to get a mobile coupon texted back to you. Each text would send you to different coupons. Offers like $10 off $50 grocery purchase or $25 off $100 baby supplies purchase. Texting is no longer necessary to get these types of deals!
To find this new handy feature make sure you have updated to the latest version of Cartwheel on your phone. The click Checkout > Coupons tab > scroll to see coupons!
- Another NEW feature is “Perks”! The way it works is for every dollar you spend you get 10 points. Once you reach 5,000 points you can choose a reward. But choose carefully! Some offers are as small as a free bag of popcorn but some are as awesome as a FREE pair of jeans! (That’s what I got with my most recent Perk!) Unfortunately, it’s not available in all areas so make sure your app is updated and see if you can get this crazy cool reward!
2. The next tactic you want to master when shopping at Target would be their Target coupons. Don’t run away! It’s not as scary as it sounds! There are three different types of coupons Target offers and you want to make sure you are signed up for all three, because different coupons are sent in each one.
- Printable – great for groceries, baby supplies, beauty supplies, health and home
- Texting & Mobile coupons now available through the Cartwheel app
- Mailers – different promotions and discounts
3. Probably the most fun way to save money at Target is with their “gift card with purchase” offers. This one is pretty simple. Around the store and through out their weekly add you will see offers to get a Target gift card once you purchase a certain number of qualifying products.
A lot of times you will see these offers in the personal care aisles. An example would be, when you buy three participating bottles of shampoo, you get a $5 Target gift card. Who doesn’t want a Target gift card?
4. We all have heard the question a million times, “Do you want to sign up for the Target Red Card and save 5% today?” Then we all have the same response, “No! I don’t want another dang credit card!”
News flash! Yes there is a credit version of the Target Red Card, but did you know that there is actually a Target Red Card DEBIT version as well that get’s you ALL the same benefits?
It’s linked directly to your checking account so no credit is ever built up on a card. You still get to save 5% on your entire Target purchase and that is on top of all the other savings I am sharing with you right now!
You also get free shipping from shopping at Target.com and you get an extra 30 days for returns! I am a huge fan of the Target Red Card Debit Card! If you don’t already have one and want to save an extra 5% on top of all these other savings, you can sign up right here! It’s totally FREE!
5. Now we all know about how marvelous Target’s clearance selection is! The very best time to shop the clearance at Target is at the end of the season. Target is pretty much emptying the entire store at rock bottom prices to make room for the new season!
When the timing is just right, you might find a Cartwheel discount for an additional 20% off clearance items! So make sure to keep your eyes open for that!
There are several places to spot clearance prices at Target. The first is the most obvious place where all the big bright red CLEARANCE signs are hanging. The second might not be so obvious.
You want to be sure and walk the outside perimeter of the store. That is were you will find a lot of the clearance items huddling together on the aisle encaps.
Then lastly, make sure and to keep your eyes peeled as you walk your favorite aisles of the store for the small, not so obvious, but just as valuable, red clearance tags. These tags will most likely be discreetly slipped on top of the normal price tag in the product’s normal shelf.
6. Remember when I was teasing you about extra ways to save that you might not already know about? This is one of those tips! When you purchase items from your child’s “Wish List” you can get an extra 10% off!
You can download Target’s Wish List app and pretty much all it is is a way for your kids to register for anything they want! So not only does it make it super convenient for you to know your kid’s wish list desires, but you can save extra money!
7. And then I would be a complete failure as your friend if I didn’t remind you to use your favorite rebate apps when purchasing anything at Target!
If you plan to buy ANYTHING online, you are completely missing out if you aren’t shopping through Ebates! You can claim your rebates online or through the Ebates app. They offer rebates for additional savings that you can easily claim simply by clicking your favorite stores link through Ebates.
If you haven’t already signed up you can use this link here to start your FREE account with Ebates and since you use my link, you will automatically get $10 for signing up!
Then if you are planning to shop in store, don’t forget to use one of my other very favorite rebate apps called Ibotta! I mostly use this app for rebates on in-store purchases but they also offer several discounts for online purchases.
And guess what! If you use my link to sign up for FREE with Ibotta you can also get another $10 after you claim your first offer! Bam! Just by using these two links you have already earned $20!
8. All that’s left is to stack the savings! Because Target loves us all as much as we love them, they provide us all with multiple opportunities to stack savings! You can use coupons, with Cartwheel offers, with clearance prices, and sales prices! Getting you the very lowest price possible!
Of course, be sure to check your local stores policies because stores can differ a bit when it comes to their rules.
There you have it! I have laid it all out on the table for you on ways to save money at Target! Which one of these was new to you?
Do you have any other ways to save at Target that I need to know about? PLEASE tell me! Let us all know all about it in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping in and I will talk to you guys soon! xoxo