Let me first start off by saying that because I have already done this project, I am going to be saving you a lot of time! I thought this project was going to be a quick 10 minute (tops) project.
Well, it will be for you but only because I have a little tip for you. You are going to need to predrill the holes in the hose clamps before you use a screw. I’ll explain in more detail in a sec.
Are you in love with mason jars as much as I am? I thought that I might be over them by now… nope, still in love! There is something so timeless about them. Mason jars will most likely always be present in my homes décor my entire life!
I found the cutting boards for this project at the thrift store, which is where I recommend you start looking. To buy a new cutting board it’s going to cost you around $10 each. But I got these girls for just about $1 each! Much better price!
How to Make Mason Jar Cutting Board Decor
Items you need:
Hose clamp (from hardware store)
Optional: vinyl wording
1. Start by closing the hose clamp around the mason jar. Mark spot in back center where you are going to drill in order to connect to the cutting board.
2. Remove the hose clamp and using a drill bit drill a hole in the hose clamp making a hole slightly smaller then the width of your screw.
3. Next measure out where you would like to place your mason jar on your cutting board.
4. Now using your drill, screw the empty hose clamp onto the cutting board.
5. Tighten the hose clamp around the mason jar.
6. And you’re done!
7. If you want you can add some vinyl wording to dress them up a bit but they will still look fabulous without.
I told you it was going to be easy! Just make sure that you have a drill bit that is strong enough to drill through stainless steel. We tried for too long before going to the store to buy the correct drill bit.
What do you think?
What do you think I should keep in these mason jars? I loved the way they looked with flowers in them but I am not sure about using fake flowers. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Let’s chat!