It is dinner time!!! Come, cook with me! We are cooking one pot beef stroganoff you guys are gonna love how easy it is!!!
Also, I’m going to show you how I kind of modify our family’s meal plan to cater to picky eaters and people who are trying to eat maybe a little healthier than others.
- Pasta- It calls for rotini but with pretty much any pasta recipe, you can sub out for whatever noodle you have on hand!
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream- Did you know that plain Greek yogurt and sour cream can be substituted pretty evenly across!!
- 1/2 cup diced onion – I’m subbing for onion powder because that’s what I have on hand.
- Ground beef- You could really any ground meat that you prefer or have on hand.
- Minced garlic
- Beef broth
- Heavy Cream- I usually always just use whatever milk I have on hand as a sub for heavy cream.
- Cream of mushroom soup
Let’s Start Cooking!
All right! We need to head over to the pot because this is a one pot meal! First thing we need to do is, we actually need the ground beef. My helper Mav, is going to help me cook this up!
Now, Kennedy is going to add the cream of mushroom soup for us.
Tip!!!! Put things away after you are done using them because then you don’t have a big giant mess to clean up when you’re all done!!
Since this is a one pot meal, its pretty straight-forward. We just add all the ingredients and let it simmer. Super easy and fast!
Picky Eaters and Different Dietary Preferences
I promised you some tips on how to cater to the picky eaters. So this one pot beef stroganoff is a meal that all three of my picky eaters they really enjoy. It’s actually super delicious and I usually double the recipe because our family will eat so much of it.
But hubby and I are trying to eat more of a whole ingredient based diet currently. So, my plan for myself to eat maybe about a small portion of the beef stroganoff, but then I’m going to fill the rest of my plate with a big yummy salad and I’m just going to use turkey lunch meat to add protein.
This is a super easy, super fast, meal for those busy nights! I hope you enjoyed this cook with me and the tips on how to alter recipes that you might be using in your family’s kitchen to accommodate the foods that you already have in your fridge, freezer, and pantry. All these things are gonna help you save money!