Has anyone ever heard Jim Gaffigan’s stand up skit about naked cupcakes? That guy is seriously so hilarious! The gist behind his joke is that it is completely silly that we eat muffins for breakfast because in truth, they are just naked cupcakes.
But hey, I am going to pretend like it is a breakfast food and keep on eating my “naked cupcakes” for breakfast. And for those of you who still don’t get what I am talking about, all you need to know is that these will be the very best triple chocolate muffins you will ever eat! No joke!
To be honest, every time I make these triple chocolate muffins, that are exploding with 3 different types of chocolate, there are several times in the day that my family and I will eat them. We are not biased! Breakfast, breakfast dessert, lunch, dinner desert. Any. Time. Of. Day.
Every time I walk into a bakery, the triple chocolate muffins are the first thing to catch my eye! But you better believe that I am NOT going to spend $3 on a single muffin!
With this recipe you can make an entire dozen for less than $2! Now doesn’t that sound a lot better! You will have the entire batch whipped up in less than 10 minutes and have more than enough to satisfy your morning sweet tooth!
You won’t even need to invite your family to the table because once you pull these babies out of the oven, the irresistible aroma of TRIPLE chocolate muffins will do the work for you!
If this recipe sounds like just the thing for you, then you will love these ones also:
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk (room temperature)
- ½ cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- ½ cup vegtable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare cupcake trays with either liners or by greasing with spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix in both kinds of chocolate chips.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Mix together by hand only until combined. Do not over mix.
- Poor batter into cupcake trays, filling about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for only 5 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 and finish baking for about 15 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick or knife. If it comes out moist and not covered with batter, then they are ready to be pulled out of the oven!
The LAST TIME You Will Ever Start a Budget!
Your FREE toolkit for creating a goal based budget to keep you motivated and start achieving a life you never thought possible!