This post contains affiliate links.
The only way I can think to make chewy chocolate chip cookies even better is to add more chocolate!
In my very biased opinion I think that the more chocolate that is present in a cookie is always a good thing!
If you found yourself drooling over the loads of chocolaty goodness last time you were at the bakery, this is the recipe you need! You can make an entire batch of these cookies (24-30 cookies) for the less than the same price you pay for only three at the bakery! Just sayin.
As an at home baker it is worth the minimal amount of money it takes to invest in some useful kitchen tools. Here are a couple of my must-haves when it comes to baking cookies:
If you are in agreement then you are going to l-o-v-e these inside out chewy chocolate chip cookies! The body of these cookies is perfectly sweet and resembles the texture of a brownie.
Using white chocolate chips adds the perfect compliment to these chewy chocolate chip cookies! If you aren’t a fan of white chocolate then using a semisweet chocolate chip would be just as delicious.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 2 Tbs milk (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (or semisweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer beat together the butter and brown sugar.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl and add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into your mixer bowl. Combine slowly and mix only until ingredients are almost combined. There should be little signs of flour still in the mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and finish mixing only until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Form 1 ½ inch cookie dough balls and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes. Cookies are done baking when the tops of the cookies are soft to the touch but not gooey.
The LAST TIME You Will Ever Start a Budget!
Your FREE toolkit for creating a goal based budget to keep you motivated and start achieving a life you never thought possible!