There is one dessert that is sure to win over the hearts of all consumers no matter their age. The answer, rice krispie treats! The reasoning might be a little nostalgic but there is no denying that it is almost impossible to limit yourself to one treat!
As soon as I find Rice Krispies on sale at the grocery store, I match them up with a coupon (Casual Couponing 101), and stock up! I never pay more than $1.50 per box and that might be higher than you could find it in other parts of the country.
So watch for the sales, stock up, and make everyone happy with this recipe for the most perfect gooey rice krispie treats!
Almost every time I need a last minute dessert or treat to bring to an event or friends house, these are what I make!
There are three qualifications to earn the title of Best Rice Krispie Treats Ever.
- Plenty of marshmallow goodness!
- Can not be dry!
- Perfect crispy to gooey ratio!
This rice krispie treats recipe is extremely qualified in all three categories! There are two levels of marshmallow, melted and halfway melted, leaving no room for abrasively dry rice krispie treats! Also leaving these delicious treats perfectly gooey but aren’t falling apart all over your hands. Oh. Yum!
The trick to leaving pockets of gooey marshmallow is to put a few extra cups of mallows later on in the recipe. Make sure to read to directions bellow for more detail!
Having a recipe where the end result is extremely indulgent but easy to make is a huge win! Bonus, they are cheap to make!
Make sure to save this recipe on Pinterest because it is now going to be your very favorite rice krispie treats recipe! This one is a keeper for sure! And by you sharing my recipes and articles not only shows your love but it is a huge help in growing this website!
You are the best!
Perfectly Gooey Rice Krispie Treats
4 Tbs butter
1 ½ packages of mini marshmallows (10oz + 5oz)
5 cups rice krispies cereal
- Start by greasing an 8”x8” deep sided pan with butter or baking nonstick spray.
- Next, in a large pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in just one package of marshmallows, stir until almost completely melted. You should still be able to slightly see small lumps of unmelted marshmallows floating around.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Next, mix in the cereal and the remaining ½ package of mini marshmallows.
- Poor into your prepared pan, get your hand slightly damp with water and press down the treats into the pan.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes then they are ready to be sliced and served.