A salad everyone in your family is sure to love!
Am I the only one that is always so shocked at how much a salad costs when you are eating out? It’s mostly lettuce anyways! So why not make them at home to save the money? Plus, I bet it will taste 5 times better then anything you will find at a drive-thru!
If you are someone who loves salads then you will definitely love this one! If you are someone who isn’t such a big fan of salads then you will still love this one! My husbands biggest complaint about salads is that he is hungry ten minutes later. Maybe an exaggeration, but I understand his frustration. This is the perfect salad to serve the entire family.
The kids will love it also! My kids are not into eating greens so I just serve it to them deconstructed. That sounds fancier than it is! Instead of giving them a full put-together salad I just give them little piles of the toppings with lettuce on the side and their favorite dressing. They love it!
Salads are also a super quick and easy meal no matter whom you are making it for! Check out the recipe below to see how easy it is to put the whole thing together!
- 1 lbs. your favorite cut of meat
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 packet traditional Ranch mix (not buttermilk)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tomatillos, remove husk, quartered
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno, ruff chop (remove veins and seeds for less heat)
- Grill your meat till you reach your desired doneness (pretend that’s a real word).
- Start topping your lettuce with your favorite toppings.
- To prepare the dressing; in a blender combine ranch mix, mayo, buttermilk, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice.
- Let the blender run for a good 1-2 minutes until everything is completely combined.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve right away.