Grocery budget getting out of hand? I have had some request to show what I buy for breakfasts, lunches and snacks on a budget. Buying items for that little bundle can get out of hand FAST, am I right?
Here at Pennies into Pearls, we like easy, affordable and healthy! In hopes of giving you some meal inspiration, I want to tell you what I bought for our family of five for Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack!
What I Bought for Breakfast
- Frozen Strawberries – We like to use these for breakfast smoothies.
- Chicken Breakfast Links
- Syrup ( Oliver’s favorite for freezer pancakes or waffles!)
- Oatmeal packets
- English muffins- We like to make breakfast sandwiches with a fried egg, turkey, and some spinach! YUM!
Breakfast for hubby and I usually looks like a protein hot chocolate or smoothie. If I’m extra hungry I will scramble some eggs to go with that.
What I Bought for Lunches
- Ritz crackers and salami – We like to use these and some cheese to make homemade lunchables!
- Canned chicken- This makes an easy, delicious chicken salad.
- Dino Buddies – Gotta have for the kiddos!
- Rolled tacos
Lunches could also be leftovers from dinner the night before. The kids also like to make a simple quesadilla or PB&J sandwich.
What I Bought for Snacks
- Tortilla chips
- Costco Bakery Muffins- I like to quarter these for the kids because they are HUGE!
Come see some ideas for yourself!
So there ya have it, what I bought specifically for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks on a budget this month. Now keep in mind, I do go to the store once a week and do a fresh grocery haul. That is where I will get eggs, bread, milk, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
I hope this list helps you get some ideas for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks on a budget! I love sharing my strategies with you to help you save time and money so you can focus on the things that matter the most to you.
Talk to you soon!