Sweet, creamy, melts in your mouth, flashbacks to summer. Mmmm! All of these things are what comes to mind when thinking about a really great homemade vanilla ice cream recipe!
Yes it is super convenient to go to the grocery store and buy a carton. But a hard clump of ice cream in a cardboard box is nothing when compared to a fresh bowl full of homemade ice cream.
Are you a vanilla ice cream lover like I am? What makes this simple flavor so spectacular is that it leaves so much room for some tasty toppings!
• Fresh fruit
• Chopped nuts
Not only will you not be able to stop yourself from consuming the entire batch straight from the ice cream scoop, it is so completely easy to make you will have to whip up another batch immediately! While we are thinking about food, make sure you download my Monthly Meal Planning Toolkit for FREE!
- Unicorn Birthday Party Ideas for Under $50!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Taking Movies Night to the Next Level
- How to Make Waffles from Scratch
How to Make the Most Indulgent Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Be prepared for how completely simple this is! Combine all ingredients in a blender. I love the KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender with BPA free pitcher! Blend until vanilla bean is chopped into super small pieces. Use a spatula to make sure you’re not missing any of the yummy cream!
Poor batter into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions to freeze the ice cream.
Depending on how frozen your ice cream maker can get this treat, you might want to poor the ice cream into a freezer friendly container and let freeze for 1-3 hours to let set up a bit.
This however, is not necessary if you just cannot resist the urge to devour! Get yourself a spoon, a giant pearl pink bowl and enjoy! Make sure to have plenty of room in your freezer because you are going to want to make multiple batches of this stuff!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean (option- if leaving out, add 1 more tbs. of vanilla extract)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until ingredients are completely combined, sugar is dissolved, and vanilla bean is broken into super small pieces.
- Poor batter into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions to freeze the ice cream.
- (Optional) Poor ice cream into freezer safe container, sealed, and freeze for 1-3 hours before serving. To allow the ice cream to firm up a bit more.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!