Tis the season for s’mores and I am not complaining one bit! What is it about the combination of grahams, toasted marshmallow, and melted chocolate that just works to perfectly? I might be convinced that you can throw these three ingredients together in any form and it’s going to turn out perfectly!
The only problem I find with a traditional s’more is that they are crazy messy and you need a fire to get them correctly assembled. We don’t have a fire pit at our house but I do wish we did. So I find myself wishing for a s’more quite often.
Anyways, to find a solution to my flameless dilemma is to create a s’mores recipe that includes all the amazing flavors but combined into a cookie bar.
These are super easy to make and your entire family will be so grateful that you made them that they might give you the day off. Maybe… At least the kids will be distracted for an entire five minutes while they eat!
Your New Favorite S’mores Recipe
Let’s start by putting together the graham crackery cookie. First, you need to make some graham cracker crumbs by simply using a food processer or a ziplock bag and your hands to crush them up.
Don’t worry about getting every single piece crushed to dust. It adds texture to the cookie to have a little bit of crunch in there.
Take your crumbs and whisk together with the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until completely combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is mixed up nicely.
Slow down the speed of the mixer and add in your dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Now take half of that dough and press it into the bottom of a 9”x13” pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
Next, take your ooey gooey marshmallow fluff and plop it all over the pressed cookie dough.
Optional step: At this point you can place the pan under a broiler for about 1 minute to lightly toast the marshmallow. Doing this will add an additional layer of flavor to your cookies!
Sprinkle chocolate chips all over.
Using your fingers take the remainder of your cookie dough and sprinkle all over for the final layer of your cookies.
Bake until golden brown, let cool, and enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups marshmallow topping (Marshmallow fluff)
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semisweet
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl for your standing mixer, combine the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs. Mix until completely combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a plastic spatula to make sure everything is combined.
- On low speed of your mixer, add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Use half of the cookie dough and press in the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Dollop marshmallow topping all over the pressed cookie dough and spread out with a knife.
- Optional step: At this point you can place the pan under a broiler for about 1 minute to lightly toast the marshmallow. Doing this will add an additional layer of flavor to your cookies!
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the marshmallow.
- Top it all off by using your hands to crumble the remaining cookie dough over the entire pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
The LAST TIME You Will Ever Start a Budget!
Your FREE toolkit for creating a goal based budget to keep you motivated and start achieving a life you never thought possible!