Oh how I love pallet wood! Have I said that before? Just in case you didn’t already know, I am a huge fan! Take a look back at my pallet planter boxes and you will understand why I have a giant pile of scrap pallet wood. Just imagine about 20 pallets in my garage… Hence my love for pallet crafts!
Not are pallet crafts awesome because they are made out of 100% free reclaimed wood but this particular pallet wood sign it is super simple! I think I put the whole thing together in about 20 minutes and it only took that long because it took me a few minutes to get Cricut Craft room to work correctly.
So I did use a Cricut to cut out vinyl letters for my sign but if you trace out your sign first then paint it in with some “outside approved” paint then I am sure it would look wonderful! I actually might choose that option for my next sign. The hand painted look mike give it a more rustic feel.
To make this pallet wood sign here is all that you need:
• One piece of scrap wood (size depends on what you want)
• Vinyl (or outdoor paint and paintbrush)
• Cricut machine (if you are using vinyl)
• Outdoor paint and paintbrush
How to make your own pallet sign
1. Figure out what size letters to cut out on your Cricut. Make sure to pay attention not only to what size height you want but also to what size the width of each letter turns out to be. (If you are painting, Find a stencil that you can trace onto the wood then fill in with your paint and brush)
2. Load your vinyl into your machine and cut out the letters.
3. Attach your letters to your piece of wood in whatever placement you like. I decided to go with centering all the letters right down the middle.
4. Once you have the lettering completed you can add an extra touch with a little paint and a stencil.
5. A simple row of tiny hearts are what I felt went perfect with my welcome sign.
6. Put it somewhere everyone can see how fabulous it turned out!
What do you think?
Was this project simple enough for you? Do you think you will making one? I hope so! I would love to see how it turns out! Tag me @penniesintopearls on Facebook or Instagram and I would love to feature your project!
The LAST TIME You Will Ever Start a Budget!
Your FREE toolkit for creating a goal based budget to keep you motivated and start achieving a life you never thought possible!