This is not your average chocolate chip cookie people! This Doubletree cookie recipe has two ingredients that I can guarantee you didn’t use last time you made a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
I think Doubletree hotels did their research when they were trying to figure out what exactly they could to create a “welcome home” feel. Did you know that they greet each guest with a fresh baked cookie! They have won me over for sure!
The one thing that I think makes this Doubletree cookie recipe completely unique and unlike any other chocolate chip cookie recipe is that it uses ground oats and a little bit of lemon juice.
All you have to do is take your ½ cup oats and pulse it a few times in a food processor or blender. You don’t want to grind it too much or you will end up with flour. But just enough so it looks like this picture below.
This Doubletree cookie recipe does need to be chilled so make sure to factor that in when planning this sweet treat. But here is a tip for ya, scoop the cookie dough into balls before you chill the dough.
Doing it this way is a lot easier then trying to scoop the dough after it has chilled. You can also freeze the dough balls making it thoughtless the next time you have a craving for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Just don’t forget to label the bag with the baking instructions.
Once you try this recipe you are not going to ever use any other chocolate chip recipe ever again! You don’t have to be a master baker to have these cookies turn out perfectly each time.
Making sure to use butter and eggs that have been warmed to room temperature will help insure that this Doubletree cookie recipe turns out perfect!
One more tip is to make sure you don’t over mix the dough. After adding my dry ingredients into the bowl, I like to stop mixing just before it is completely incorporated. Then once I add the chocolate chips in, everything will finish combining.
After baking, the edges become just a little crisp but leaving the center of the cookie perfectly soft.
After you put the kids down at night, isn’t it just so nice to take a break on the couch with a special treat? This Doubletree cookie recipe is the perfect solution for your nighttime indulgence!
And you guys! I am a guest cohost over on Meagan Makes Cupcakes sharing all these tips and more so make sure to go check out the video and subscribe to her channel if you want to see more delicious sweet treats!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 ¼ cuos all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time. Letting the first egg completely mix in before adding the second.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice then scrape the sides after mixing.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the rolled oats for just a few seconds until the oats are small crumbs.
- Using a separate medium sized bowl, combine the ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Mix on low speed and stop mixing right before it is completely combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and finish combining all ingredients.
The LAST TIME You Will Ever Start a Budget!
Your FREE toolkit for creating a goal based budget to keep you motivated and start achieving a life you never thought possible!