Perfectly crisp without being fried and deliciously marinated to perfection. This homemade chicken nuggets recipe is going to be leaving your family asking for seconds all while saving you time and money!
I first made these a few years ago when my little lady was about 2 years old. We both love the taste of chicken nuggets and I especially love the convenience of the finger food. But the nutritional value of the store bought frozen ones just wasn’t up to par with what we hoped for.
Picky Eaters Will Love Them
In an attempt to get some quick healthier food in our house I set out on an experiment to see if my little family would like some homemade chicken nuggets.
Guess what! They were a huge hit even with my picky little two year old! I was pleasantly surprised. I know that they are going to be a big hit with your family too!
Full of Flavor
The chicken is marinated in ranch before it is breaded and baked to golden crisp perfection giving these homemade chicken nuggets so much more flavor! The adults in your home are not going to be able to resist either.
Freezer Friendly Meal
Besides the delicious flavor, one if this recipes best qualities is that they freeze great! Once they have completely cooled down from baking, put them in a freezer safe container and store them in your freezer. Once you are in need of a quick and tasty meal for your family just pull out a few and pop them in the microwave for a couple minutes and they are ready to please the masses!
Easy To Make
It really is super simple to make your own homemade chicken nuggets! Just chop up some chicken then give them a bath in some flour, eggs, and panko crumbs and pop them in the oven and you are all done! To reheat just give them a quick trip to the microwave and you are set!
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into “nuggets”
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Cut your chicken into small rectangular pieces about 1 ½ - 2 inches long and 1 inch thick.
- Put them in a bowl or ziplock bag with the ranch dressing. Let marinate for 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Prepare three separate dipping pans. In the first dish combine the flour and garlic powder. In the second dish whisk together the eggs, pepper, and ¼ cup water. In the third dish combine the panko crumbs and parmesan.
- Next prepare two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Start coating each piece of chicken by first covering in the flour mixture, then dipping into the egg mixture, and then into the panko mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet in a single layer and without any pieces touching.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
The LAST TIME You Will Ever Start a Budget!
Your FREE toolkit for creating a goal based budget to keep you motivated and start achieving a life you never thought possible!